Entering into a relationship and getting married can be the biggest decision of your life. How do you know if the qualities and personality of your potential spouse are the ones that will lead to a lifetime commitment?
Premarital counseling offers a safe place where you can see how you interact and function as a couple before your big day. Getting to really know each other can lead to a stable and “aware” marriage or relationship that will weather the pressures of day-to-day living. Studies show that most couples who begin counseling before they are married have a much better chance of staying together.
In a warm and supportive environment, PARC’s experienced, licensed and certified therapists work with both heterosexual and LGBT couples to help you build the foundation for a trusting and fulfilling union with the person you love.
We provide a private, personal service that offers an experience of respect, expertise, and support. We respect your privacy and unlike other services, we do not share your personal issues with health insurance companies.
Common Premarital Counseling Concerns:
Common issues include:
- Where do we want to live?
- What ar our expectatins about intimacy?
- Do we want children?
- How are we going to handle our finances??
- How much do we want to include our families in our lives?
- What are our expectations about time spent together/apart?
- Do we enjoy our leisure time together?
- Do we trust each other?
- Is this the person I want to spend the rest of my life with?